Friday, October 22, 2010
Saturday, October 16, 2010
The Star! Spaghetti Man!
The main kid:
The Snooty Waiter (Mustache Pending....)
The Super Fat Hungry Customer:
A glimpse of the debonair restaurant patrons:
Last, but certainly not least: Spaghetti Monster!
Friday, October 8, 2010
Keep in tune for LOADS more of updates to follow shortly!
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
And let me know if any of the storyboards aren't reading (like poses, expressions, backgrounds -the very few actually shown-), especially since there will be no dialogue in the short.
The storyboards may feel drawn out (lol pun) but we had to draw out all the key poses of the characters. just wait til i make the animatic!
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
So here's a rundown of what each shot will consist of
1. Outside shot of a fancy Italian restaurant, slow zoom in
2. Cut to inside the restaurant, pan across as we see rich, snobbish people eat
3. At end of pan a curious kid is peeking out from the kitchen
4. A hand from inside the kitchen snatches the kid back in
5. The hand belongs to a waiter who gestures the kid to stay in the kitchen
6. The waiter returns to his duties and the kid sighs in boredom
7. The kid looks around for something to do
8. He spots a big pot of cooked spaghetti with a chef’s hat beside it
9. He puts on the hat pretending to be a chef.
10. He twirls up some spaghetti onto a plate, leaving the fork in the spaghetti
11. He turns around to look for some spices, the spaghetti starts moving
12. With his back turned, the spaghetti is attempting to get up
13. The boy turns back around
14. In shock, he drops all the spices
15. A man made from the twirled spaghetti is stumbling about the plate
16. The boy notices that the spaghetti man is blind and spots a bowl of olives
17. The boy places the olives in place for the pasta man’s eyes
18. The spaghetti man adjusts his eyes and looks up at the boy
19. They exchange smiles
20. Ecstatic over his new creation, the kid looks for someone to show the spaghetti man
21. He sees the waiter pass by
22. And runs to him and holds out the plate
23. Without glancing over, the waiter assumes the plate is an entrée, placing it on a silver platter with a cover
24. The kid does a double take
25. The kid rushes over to the kitchen window and peeks out
26. He spots where the waiter went and panics
27. Inside the enclosed silver platter, the spaghetti man is confused and scared
28. The lid is lifted and the spaghetti man looks up in the blinding light
29. A fat man holding his fork and knife readies to eat the spaghetti man
30. Back in the kitchen, the kid readies to bolt out of the kitchen
31. Before he can dash out, the waiter enters, with the door smacking the kid down
32. The kid gets back up
33. And readies to go out again
34. But the waiter, with a new entrée now, stops the kid from going out once more
35. The kid looks around the kitchen for a solution
36. And he sees the giant pot of spaghetti
37. Back at the table, the spaghetti man dodges a striking fork
38. The fat man strikes again with the knife
39. The spaghetti man takes out the fork in the back of his head, blocking the knife
40. The spaghetti man jabs the fork in the fat man’s thumb
41. The fat man yelps
42. The fat man strikes again
43. Spaghetti man falls, his fork knocked out of his hands
44. The fat man goes for the final blow
45. A giant crash is heard in the kitchen, the fat man halts the knife an inch away from the spaghetti man
46. Through the kitchen door, a giant spaghetti monster leaps out roaring, the boy riding atop
47. The entire dining room screams
48. And they all flee from the restaurant
49. The spaghetti man gets up
50. And the kid scoops him up and hugs him
51. Then the monster, now friendly, hugs the two
52. The waiter looks at them angrily
53. The kid shrugs with a “Sorry” look
And then Credits.
Thoughts and suggestions on the story would greatly be appreciated! Especially since I'll be storyboarding all this immediately!
Here's some of the new characters:
So the basic run down of the story is that a bored kid (in the top pic) makes a man made out of spaghetti (also in top pic) come alive. The kid wants to show off his creation, and the waiter (2nd pic) mistakes it for an entree. And so the kid saves the spaghetti man by creating a spaghetti monster (top pic once more) that scares off the entire restaurant.
I'll post up the story beats shortly!